It has been a busy time of year for the performing groups from the Cook Arts Center. We at GAAH value group performance for many reasons; our students develop confidence, share responsibility, and teach others about culture through the arts. Performing also enhances self esteem and teaches our children that their contributions have value, even if they don’t have the biggest role.
We want to celebrate and thank the local organizations and friends that have recognized and given many of our students a chance to shine and share their talents in our community. If you happen to catch an upcoming performance, you will not be disappointed.
The Cook Arts Center Grupo Folklorico
- On April 15 the group performed for the ALSAME fundraising event.
- This past Saturday, April 30, they danced at the Dia del Nino Community event held at Cesar E Chavez school.
- On May 2 the dancers were a part of the Celebrate United Heart of West Michigan United Way event program.
- May 5 will be a whirlwind day, celebrating Cinco de Mayo! The group has performances at the Cesar E Chavez annual luncheon at the Grand Rapids Public Museum, and the Cinco de Mayo community celebration at Buchanan Elementary School.
- You can also catch the dancers on June 11th at LINC’s Rock the Block Festival.
The Aerial Tactic Breakdance Crew
- Aerial Tactic will also be performing on June 11 at LINC’s Rock the Block Festival.